During these stressful times of continued market volatility, I want to make sure we are in frequent contact so we can provide you with helpful information and perspectives on your investments. I also want to let you know that we are continuing to monitor and manage your portfolio, and that we are always available to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
Although we can’t control the markets, we can bring some perspective to the volatility and anxiety. These are the questions I ask clients to ask themselves.
- Before this volatility started, did we have a plan in place to ensure your standard of living would not be impacted by volatile markets?
- Did we expect volatile markets sometime in the future?
- From a financial/income perspective, will the current market volatility change your standard of living?
- Do we expect the market to recover?
- When the market recovers, will your account reach the value it was before? Or even higher?
Asking ourselves these questions helps keep things in perspective because;
- We did have a plan in place to ensure your standard of living would not be affected by market volatility.
- We did expect volatile markets (a correction or bear market) sometime in the future.
- Financially, the current market volatility will not change your standard of living.
- We do expect the market to recover as it has every time in history.
- We do expect your account to get back to its previous level… and potentially higher.
If we plan correctly, which we did, corrections and bear markets happen on paper only (our statements) but don’t change our lifestyles. So please be patient and stick with the plan. The best thing you can do right now is to avoid looking at your account and keep living your life with the expectation that things will get back to normal and that your portfolio will go even higher than it was before.
I’m not trying to invalidate any anxiety you may be feeling. I know it’s real and I know it’s very uncomfortable. I just want to help you keep things in perspective.
As always, please call if you have any questions or concerns.
Financial Advisor, Owner
3 Peaks Financial
2677 E 17th St. Suite 100
Ammon, ID 83406
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. No investment strategy assures a profit or protects against loss.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through 3 Peaks Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor and separate entity from LPL Financial.